Pages

Disclaimer

Disclaimer

Please note that any comments and expressions in this blog do not constitute legal advice or consult.
Las expresiones y/o comentarios vertidos en esta página no constituyen una consulta legal.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Let it snow!

Last night we were so excited carving our pumpkin, only to wake up today to SNOW! Yes, snow in October! Halloween is not even here, yet the ground is all covered in white and it is freezing! Thank God for heating!

Don't get me wrong, though. I think that snow falling is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. And the scenery is absolutely gorgeous: green and orange trees covered in frost with a white ground underneath.

But come on, in October!?! Last year we were tired by the Snow in February and it only started snowing the day after Christmas. Can you imagine this year? And then people ask what is Global Warming!? Also, when you add the factors pregnant, walking and NYC to last year's winter the outcome was not pretty at times. Just imagine all the gray/black slush in the streets while a heavily pregnant woman is trying to make her way to class. Ay bendito!

The stairs of our building




On the other hand, I am kind of excited for this is Miss Eli's first snow! I just think that when she is old enough to read her Baby Book she will not believe that under the heading first snow, it will say October 29th, 2011! Or maybe she will? Who knows with Global Warming.

Since today is a Snow/Stay inside kind of day, I decided that I needed to bake something that smells as Fall. So I went into my recipe list and found this one for Pumpkin Banana Bread, low in calories! I ended up making a few variations, like only using one ripe banana and using whole wheat pastry flour instead of whole wheat flour.  And let me tell you, it did smell like Fall and tasted even better! :)

Getting ready!


Doesn't it look yum?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome! Positive feedback is greatly appreciated.

Please no spam. All spam will be deleted.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.