Pages

Disclaimer

Disclaimer

Please note that any comments and expressions in this blog do not constitute legal advice or consult.
Las expresiones y/o comentarios vertidos en esta página no constituyen una consulta legal.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Weekend fun

This was a fun packed weekend! Saturday morning we headed to NJ's MVC so I could get my license. (That was not really fun, but needed). We got there around 10:30a.m. From the outside it looked as there was not a lot of people, but oh boy was I wrong! I made #177 to get my ID's checked and they were calling 140's still. After I passed the ID verification, they gave me a permit, then I went and stood in line to take the written test (yes, I had to take the test because PR is considered out-of-country and not out-of-state so no swapping here!). I sat for the test in its touch screen (aha, igualito a Puerto Rico - just like PR) and what do you know? Only 1 wrong! So I headed back to the ID checking line (they check your ID everytime) to get my official license. At that point, the lady that is about to do the process says that one of my ID's was not valid, because it was printed from the Internet! I was about to have a heart attack and had to explain how it was okayed three times before. Luckily, the supervisor agreed and I got my license. Yay!

For dinner, we had some good friends over (Y + S), another young married couple who live next to us. Since they do not know much about Puertorrican culture, I cooked arroz con gandules and  pasteles. They were yuuummy!! And for dessert, keeping up with the Fall food, I made homemade vanilla cupcakes with pumpkin spice cream cheese frosting. I used this recipe from skinnytaste.com for the frosting: pumpkin-cupcakes-with-pumpkin-spiced  The dinner party was a success!

Sunday, we decided that we would go pumpkin picking at a nearby pumpkin patch:  a farm on East Windsor, that hosts the Field of Terror. When you get to the farm, they have picked pumpkins in the entrance that you can choose and pay or you can get on the hayride that takes you either to the corn maze or pumpkin patch. We got off at the pumpkin patch and started looking for the perfect pumpkin and we found it! A huge pumpkin and so Halloween looking! The whole experience was new and amazing for us and it is Miss Eli's first time as well. Here are some of the pics from the pumpkin patch:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome! Positive feedback is greatly appreciated.

Please no spam. All spam will be deleted.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.