Pages

Disclaimer

Disclaimer

Please note that any comments and expressions in this blog do not constitute legal advice or consult.
Las expresiones y/o comentarios vertidos en esta página no constituyen una consulta legal.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pumpkin time!

Believe it or not, today we carved our first pumpkin (well, more like I carved our first pumpkin!). Yup, we don't have this tradition in Puerto Rico although a very small minority may do it. The thing is, Puertorrican pumpkins are not like the orange pumpkins in the States. Our pumpkins are greenish in color, that look more like this. 

I was very excited to finally get to carve a pumpkin. I had bought the little pumpkin carving kit like 2 years ago, ever since we got married, but DH (dear husband) was not to fond of the idea LOL! But tonight he saw that I was down and were not doing anything, so he asked me if we wanted to. That really cheered me up! Downside: I had to do all the dirty job: transfer the pattern and make the actual carving. In the end, it was all worth it because I had fun and the pumpkin does not look bad at all. :)

Pumpkin and materials

DH helped with cleaning the pumpkin seeds

I finished carving pumpkin from the inside to make it easier while carving the design.

Transferring the design. I ended up free drawing part of it because the design was bigger than the pumpkin!



This is the finished pumpkin!

I had gotten a light that changes colors; it turns pink, blue and green! 

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! I think I saw pictures of a friend also carving a pumpkin! I want to carve one too someday lol.
    Did you make the design yourself or find it online or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, have to confess love your blog it like your here. Miss u and Eli melie

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome! Positive feedback is greatly appreciated.

Please no spam. All spam will be deleted.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.