Pages

Disclaimer

Disclaimer

Please note that any comments and expressions in this blog do not constitute legal advice or consult.
Las expresiones y/o comentarios vertidos en esta página no constituyen una consulta legal.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Homemade baby food

Eli is turning 5 months old tomorrow. However, I won't start her on solids until 6 months or the closer I can get to that date, per recommendation of her pediatrician. That does not mean I cannot have fun already: preparing and freezing her baby food!! I have been following the guidelines on
www.wholesomebabyfood.com. I highly recommend it.

You may think why go through all the trouble of making your own baby food if there are already pre-made jars on the market? Well, we are not vegan or organic, but I do believe in giving our baby healthy food. In addition, we have started eating healthier as well to try teaching healthy eating habits to her even at this early age. Plus, by making our own baby food I know exactly what goes into her mouth. Hopefully, she will like fruits and veggies while growing up!  I grew up eating homemade baby food, don't know if by Puertorrican tradition or my mom just liked to make it.

Here are some pics of what I have been making:
These are some apples and pears.

 All ready in their vacuum sealed bags!

And since I was taking pics of my freezer, I decided to take a picture of my milk stash! 5 months of breastfeeding and still going strong.


And this pic is an added bonus. This is Eli's latest masterpiece on my iPad! Did I mention she will be 5 months tomorrow! :)

3 comments:

  1. What a great blog entry! Very creative, sis! I am Pro-Health all the way. And I love Eli's masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, yo igua le hago el bbfood a Logan en casa. Pero pues, ya prefiere pastelon d amarrillo y cositas asi :-p . BTW....chulisimo tu blog, muchas felicidades!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracias Angie! I can't wait to give Eli a taste of pastelón! :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome! Positive feedback is greatly appreciated.

Please no spam. All spam will be deleted.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.