Pages

Disclaimer

Disclaimer

Please note that any comments and expressions in this blog do not constitute legal advice or consult.
Las expresiones y/o comentarios vertidos en esta página no constituyen una consulta legal.

Monday, November 7, 2011

"Run, Forrest, Run!"

That is how I feel every time I get on the treadmill; like my inner voice is shouting at me words of encouragement so I don't give up and I reach my goal. (If you have never seen Forrest Gump with Tom Hanks, you should. It's a classic!)


I was never much of a runner when I was growing up. Who am I kidding? I was never an athlete growing up, except for dancing. My asthma would always get in the way and I would feel like I couldn't breathe just a few minutes after I started running. With the dancing, I would sometimes run out of breath, but the stopping between exercises would help me to catch it back. But running the two required miles during physical education at school, that was almost impossible for me. I would always be one of the last ones to finish.

Now, it is a different story. I had decided a month or two ago that I would re-start with P90X which I had been doing before getting pregnant. However, having an infant makes it almost impossible to keep up with the rigor of the program and the hour-long workouts. So I decided that I would set a different weight loss goal: to run a mile in 9-10 minutes. I asked DH, who was teaching English at a specialized school that focused on sports, how were his kids doing. He told me that they would run a mile in 8 minutes, but for me, that seemed a little extreme. So I set up the aforementioned goal.



Running has always been hard, but I focus on my goal and that keeps me going. Also, I am in much better condition than before and don't get asthma as often. I am so excited because I started last week and ran a mile in 14:31 minutes and already today (just the third time running), I managed to cut back the time almost 50 seconds to 13:33 minutes!! Yay me! It is pretty exciting and it's a much easier goal to accomplish, plus it helps me loose the weight. I still go to zumba twice as well. So soon I will shed those last pregnancy pounds and hopefully look and feel great again!

      "The first requisite of success is the ability to apply your physical and mental energies 
to one problem without growing weary."
Thomas Edison


Don't forget to check out my store!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome! Positive feedback is greatly appreciated.

Please no spam. All spam will be deleted.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.