Pages

Disclaimer

Disclaimer

Please note that any comments and expressions in this blog do not constitute legal advice or consult.
Las expresiones y/o comentarios vertidos en esta página no constituyen una consulta legal.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Got spurt?

According to different sources, babies grow through major periods of growth during their first year known as growth spurts. Typically, the baby will experience this at 1 week, 6 weeks, 3 months, 4 months, 6 months and 9 months. (However, keep in mind that every baby is different, so these dates have a margin of error). Nursing moms will experience a sudden increase of milk due to the increased milk intakes of their babies. Did I mention that moms will also experience increased tiredness and lack of sleep? Oh, and this goes for bottle-fed babies as well.

Miss Eli is going through her 6 months growth spurt. And let me tell you, it is kicking my butt! She had been STTN (sleeping through the night) since she was around 6 weeks old; I mean, REALLY sleeping through the night - up to 12 hours of uninterrupted sleep. But this week..OH, THIS week has been tough on DH and me. She has been waking up from 12-1am screaming, not crying, for food. And yesterday she hit it out of the ballpark: she woke up at 12am and then at 3:30am screaming for food. Needless to say, DH and I had little energy for the day today. And not only does she eat A LOT at night, but she has been nursing way more during the day. What helps me get through this is that I know that this too shall pass!

With Eli's behavior, I had been debating the past couple of days whether to start her on solids or not. I really wanted to wait until she hit the 6 month mark, but decided it was best to start her on cereal. She seems ready and sometimes is not satisfied with milk alone. So yesterday was that day: her first try of rice cereal! It was more the cereal that got all over her face than what she ate LOL. But, all in all, we think it went well. After the little bit of cereal she had, she took the longest nap ever..I think it lasted about 3 hours!

Doesn't it look like doll food? It all feels so tiny, it felt like it was pretend.

Her initial reaction

Mom, this is what I think of your cereal! LOL


Don't forget to check out my Tiny Tillia store!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the solids have definitely helped us! I haven't been able to keep up with Robby's appetite with EBF. But...2 wake-ups is a good night for us! The bib is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome! Positive feedback is greatly appreciated.

Please no spam. All spam will be deleted.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.