Pages

Disclaimer

Disclaimer

Please note that any comments and expressions in this blog do not constitute legal advice or consult.
Las expresiones y/o comentarios vertidos en esta página no constituyen una consulta legal.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

At the F household! 

Family and friends who know me, know that I love Christmas. I love everything that it stands for: the birth of Jesus Christ, our savior; quality time with family; the happiness that can be felt in the environment; traditional Puerto Rican Christmas-time music; our Christmas dishes; and decorating the house and tree which brings that certain something to my every day.

So, finally today, after starting the day after Thanksgiving, I finished the decorations in our apartment up to the last wrapped present! Even though this year I have not been as excited, the change of color and seeing everything put up, brings a smile to my face.

Among the things I set up, I tackled a DIY wreath that I found on Pinterest. It took me a few days between working on the project and everything else that I have to take care of, but I think it came out beautifully and it looks gorgeous on our door.

What does everyone think? Apart from the time it took, it was fairly easy to make.

First, make circles out of felt. The tutorial I found here.


Then, fold the circles in half and then in half again forming little rosettes. Pin each rosette to a foam wreath circle or make your own from a foam tube found at the plumbing section at Lowe's or Home Depot. It will start to look something like this. 

And this is how it looked halfway through.  When I was done, I decided that I wanted to add a touch of Christmas, so I got really cheap poinsettias from Walmart and pinned them to the wreath, thus the finished product you saw above.


Along with the wreath, we also set up our mini tree, the little town we started creating last year and our dining table. Hope you enjoy the pics and get a little bit more into the Christmas Spirit! 
 Our tree! Now it looks more complete since it has the gifts around it.
 Doesn't the little town look great?


And our festive table. 

Happy Holidays!!!



Don't forget to stop by my online Avon store for all your Holiday shopping.

2 comments:

  1. EN verdad Gri makes Christmas a lot much better!!! Thank you for putting yourself out there in the Holiday's spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gri, you are so special and I am so proud of you! God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome! Positive feedback is greatly appreciated.

Please no spam. All spam will be deleted.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.