Pages

Disclaimer

Disclaimer

Please note that any comments and expressions in this blog do not constitute legal advice or consult.
Las expresiones y/o comentarios vertidos en esta página no constituyen una consulta legal.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Heading home...

Eli and I headed home, back to Puerto Rico, for the Holidays last week.  Since DH still had some work left for school, we were traveling alone and we would fly later on. Needless to say, the days leading up to the plane ride had me nervous and scared that something would go wrong. Nonetheless, everything went well.

Our day started at 4 a.m. when I woke up to get ready. Our flight was schedule to leave at 7:40 a.m. plus the hour-long ride to the airport warranted such an early wake up time. I got everything ready, DH warmed the car, and minutes before heading down to the car, I woke up Eli so that she would stay asleep during the ride. That did not work. Halfway through we had to stop so I could feed her. Once she was happy, we renewed our trip. We arrived at the airport around 5:30 a.m.

Then, the worry was how do I get through security with a diaper bag, a stroller and a baby? (We had checked-in as luggage her car seat, thankfully) It went really smooth as we had watched a video of how to pass through security when traveling alone with a child. I think, the time and that there was not a lot of people, helped immensely. My biggest concern was with her baby food and water for formula, but after I declared that I had it on my bag and they scanned it, we had no problems. It took longer for them to scan the stroller as it did not fit through the security scanner belt. After that was all done, we were headed to the gate.

There we waited patiently for the boarding process. I knew I wanted to be one of the first ones in as I was alone with Eli. However, people started to gather around the gate door as soon as the flight was called making it really difficult to get in line. I have to say that is one of my biggest pet peeves: why can't people wait for their own turn???? Thankfully, after first class passengers were called, the airline's personnel were really strict with the boarding pattern and allowed passengers with children on board first. So, Eli and I headed to our seat.

After take-off, I was much more relaxed as Eli fell asleep on my arms and only woke up to eat and play for a while. She was so good, that she even wanted to look out the window during landing! How sweet was to look out the window with my daughter and see our beautiful island of Puerto Rico!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome! Positive feedback is greatly appreciated.

Please no spam. All spam will be deleted.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.