Pages

Disclaimer

Disclaimer

Please note that any comments and expressions in this blog do not constitute legal advice or consult.
Las expresiones y/o comentarios vertidos en esta página no constituyen una consulta legal.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Lent {Cuaresma} - time for reflection

This year, Lent started on February 13th with Ash Wednesday, which seemed kind of early. Anyway, being a practicing Catholic I have always kept the no meat on Friday rule during lent, but this year I decided that I wanted to do more.

With that in mind, I decided to give something up as means of reflection and preparation for Holy Week and Easter Sunday. So I chose to give up chocolate, and for those that know me, they know that I truly LOVE chocolate! But that is the point of giving/sacrificing something up.

What are you giving up for Lent, if anything? Or maybe, will you be doing something during Lent that you don't normally do?

I saw this on Facebook and might give it a try. Is something different for the 40 days of Lent to help you get closer to God during this time.  The first day was "Pequeña Renuncia" (Giving something up that you have no use for).  Want to follow this? If you do, let me know how it goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome! Positive feedback is greatly appreciated.

Please no spam. All spam will be deleted.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.