Pages

Disclaimer

Disclaimer

Please note that any comments and expressions in this blog do not constitute legal advice or consult.
Las expresiones y/o comentarios vertidos en esta página no constituyen una consulta legal.

Monday, August 20, 2012

We are having a...




We confirmed last week that we are having a BOY!!!!  We are beyond excited, even though we would have been as excited with a girl. But in my family a boy means that he will be the KING of the house, as he will be the first boy in two generations! 

As for my pregnancy this week, I am not happy to say that I experienced my first leg cramp or charlie horse as I was waking up and let me tell you, I did NOT miss those at all!! I had them quite a few times during my first pregnancy and I though that maybe this time it would be different: oh I was so wrong! Those leg cramps are the worst, plus E was sleeping on her crib in the same room so I had to gather all my strength to not scream from the pain. 

According to Baby Center there is no real explanation as to why pregnant women get them. These may start during the second trimester and may get worse as the pregnancy progresses (which in my experience, it was true for me). To alleviate the pain from a leg cramp, some suggest flexing your toes back or massaging the muscle. What works for me is to quickly stand up and put the foot flat on the floor. 

As for E, her vocabulary keeps expanding. The other day I was counting to her and all of a sudden she would say "two" after I said "one". She also did it in Spanish, "dos" after "uno". We are all so impressed with the level of knowledge that she has been developing at such a young age. She is only 15 months old!! At this rate she will be reading by the age of 2! 


-themomthelawyerthehousewife


2 comments:

  1. She's so smart! Robby has reverted to saying almost nothing. :/ Maybe more potassium would help with the cramping? I know my coach always would yell at me during practices when I'd cramp to, "EAT MORE BANANAS!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katy! I will try more bananas and I'll get back to you! :)

      Delete

Comments are welcome! Positive feedback is greatly appreciated.

Please no spam. All spam will be deleted.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.